Friday, January 7, 2011

Pressure Cookers Are Awesome: Roast Chicken and Veggies

Tonight's Dinner adventure features a chicken and a pressure cooker.
These two things are new to me.

First of all I need to say a big THANK YOU to my fantastic parents who gave us THIS pressure cooker for Christmas! You can go to QVC to purchase your own HERE.

Secondly, I need to let you know I've never touched a raw chicken in my life.

I've been nervous about this ALL day! I know it's something people do all the time, but the thought of touching a raw whole Chicken (Or Turkey) just totally groses me out!

I actually used some tongs to "fish" out the giblets from the inside of the chicken. One of the grosest things I've ever done. YUCK!

Nevertheless, I've overcome my fear in the persuit of DINNER!

Here is the result......



Can you say YUMMMMMMMMMM.

Ok, here are my ingredients:

1 whole fryer chicken
1 can chicken broth (I used about 3/4 of the can)
4 large potatoes
1 small bag baby carrots
1 onion (I used about 1/2 the onion)

I modified a recipe that came with the pressure cooker.
Here are my directions (modify as you wish)

1. Season Chicken (salt and pepper) I used McCormick Rotisserie Chicken seasoning! Turned out great.
2. Brown the chicken either on the stove top or in the pressure cooker (mine has a browning function so I used that).
3. Remove chicken from pressure cooker and add chopped onion to liquid (add garlic if you wish) Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chicken back to pressure cooker and add largely cut potatoes and carrots around the chicken.
5. Close and cook for 25 minutes on the highest pressure setting (mine is 15 psi).

THE FEEDBACK: 10 out of 10! WAHOOOOO!

KID FEEDBACK: 8 of 10. "Kid-MO" really likes meat. He gobbled up the chicken. He wouldn' touch the potatoes or carrots, but he never eats those so that is not a surprise.

NOTES: I also cooked up some rice and served the chicken and veggies over rice! ForYummy.

UP TOMORROW: I'm going to use the leftover broth and some of the chicken to make chicken noodle soup tomorrow! Come back to see how that adventure goes!

Your Thoughts? :)

0 comments: