Saturday, January 22, 2011

Easy Homemade Salsa

Lately I've been craving Mexican Food! And yes, I'm on a kick to figure out how to make it on my own. Because, why should I have to pay $10 for dinner when I can make it myself for less?
Am I right, or am I right.

SO, last week I ordered a Bountiful Basket. Along with it I ordered the Mexican Food pack. It included a bunch of things that I've never EVER cooked with before including some seriously strange peppers.

I really wanted to try some homemade salsa. I was a little intimidated by the idea, but willing to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how EASY it is to make salsa!

This recipe is from my Sister-in-law, Michelle.
(Thanks Michelle!)

Photo: Yummy salsa with mini cheese quesadilla


Recipe:

1 clove garlic

1 jalapeno

2 green onions

1 handful cilantro



Step 1 - chop the above ingredients in food processor.

Step 2 - then add 6-7 Roma tomatoes, 1 tsp of Salt and Juice from 1/4 lemon

Step 3 - blend in food processor until you get your own desired consistency.


THE FEEDBACK: A 10 out of 10 from everyone! Even "Kid-MO" liked it!

Enjoy!! It is SUPER yummy and easy too!

0 comments: