Ground Beef Stroganoff!
This recipe comes from the cookbook: Slow Food Fast, by Bob Warden.
You can purchase it online here:
Bob Warden's Slow Food Fast
I can't say enough good things about this cookbook! It's amazing and the recipes are easy too!
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
2 celery stalks chopped
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon beef base mixed into 1/2 cup water (or 1/2 cup beef broth)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups sour cream
salt & pepper to taste
egg noodles, cooked separately
1. Heat butter in the pressure cooker on the brown setting until it sizzles. Add ground beef. (If your pressure cooker doesn't have this setting, just Brown the meat on the stove top)
2. Once beef is browned, try to drain the fat from the pot. Then add onion and celery. (Note- I substituted onion powder in this step so my 4 year old would eat it since he doesn't like onion)
3. Stir for 2 minutes until onion and celery soften
4. Add remaining ingredients except for sour cream and egg noodles.
5. Lock pressure cooker, set to high and cook for 6 minutes. (During this step, boil water and cook egg noodles on stove top)
6. Let the pressure cooker release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release for any remaining pressure. Stir in Sour Cream, salt and pepper and serve immediately over egg noodles.
This photo does not do it justice - it was really good!
Served over egg noodles:
This is for SURE a new family favorite. KID-Mo gobbled it up as well. We added some pre-made red marinara sauce to his and he really loved that.
SUGGESTIONS: You could easily make this recipe on a stove top if you don't have a pressure cooker! Give it a try!