Saturday, July 2, 2011

Recipe: Waffle Pizza

Today I saw a great idea for dinner: Waffle Pizza


It's a pizza, made in your waffle maker!
How fantastic is that?


I'm always looking for different ways to use the tools and appliances that I already have on hand, so this was perfect.

Let me give you a sneak peak at what I'm talking about:

That's right Friends, that is a Pizza, not a waffle.
Pizza fillings inside of a double layer of pizza dough -super yum.

Let's get started.

First, I made some home made bread / pizza dough in my bread machine.
I found one recipe that works great in my bread machine posted on Frugal Upstate's blog. Click HERE for her recipe (Also posted below)

I put the ingredients in my machine in the order they are listed below (it correlates with my bread machine's instructions - be sure to check yours), set it to the dough setting and went back to playing with my kids.

Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough - For Bread Machine
Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough*

1 1/3 cups water
2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cornmeal
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine, according to manufacturer’s settings, and run dough setting. After the machine beeps, roll out the dough.

Now, lets make some WAFFLES.  
Errr... I mean Pizza. 
Okay, Waffle Pizza's!

My inpsiration for tonight's dinner can be found HERE.
Emily shared her fantastic idea for Waffle Pizza on the SITS website.
*Be sure to check out her blog post, she gives great ideas for variations on this recipe for other meals and desert combinations! *

1. While the dough is in the final stages, go ahead and heat up your Waffle Maker.
Here is my Dough, cut into 3 pieces for three "waffles"

2.  Roll out your dough as thin as possible.
3.  Get your toppings ready (Canadian bacon, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and pineapple (not shown).

4. Spray the waffle maker with Pam.
5. Place the bottom layer of your "sandwich" on the waffle maker and stack with toppings.
6. Then fold over to make a sandwich and lock it down
7.  Trim around the edges with a knife while it's baking up.  I cooked ours for anywhere between 3-5 minutes depending on how many toppings we used.


The Feedback:  10 out of 10
A direct quote from KidMo, 
" The flavor and seasoning is better than I thought"
(WHO is this kid? He cracks me up)

Give Waffle Pizza a try at your house!  
I'd love to hear how your family likes this meal.

This recipe and blog post was featured on:






Making


14 comments:

Toqua's Crafts

SO WONDERFUL that it turned out so good... but I'll tell ya... I'd have to add more cheese than the few little strands you show in your picture. (Just a personal preference!) LOL

Amy @MoMomma

Thanks for stopping by Toqua... I loaded the cheese on the bottom (tons of it!) hard to see in the photo, but I couldn't agree more! Extra Cheese!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves

This looks so good! I look forward to reading your blog! I am your newest follower! I would love it if you would stop by and follow back if you like what you see! Have a great day!

Kirsten
www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

Susie Buetow

Oh my goodness MO MOMMA you are driving me nuts with this waffle pizza. I'm starving right about now. lol I'd LOVE to feature your blog over at my blog with this recipe. Email me if you want more info. cafescrapper at gmail dot com

xoxox Susie ps..thanks for linking up in the Friendly Wednesday Blog hop. I visit you quite a bit and drool over your recipes. This was is way over the top and I love it!!!!

Chef in Training

YUM! looks great! You have a great blog! I am visiting from the Boost My Blog Friday! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Amy

From one Mormon mama Amy to another that looks amazing! Who'd ever thought of making pizza in the waffle maker. I'm with Susie, if you'd ever like to guest post just let me know! Your recipes look wonderful!

BTW-Thanks for joining us for Feed Me Friday! Hope you'll make it a regular friday stop. Oh So Savvy Mom

Anonymous

Just wanted to let you know that I featured your fun waffle pizza! :) Thanks for linking up!

http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/07/link-party-monday-24.html

Blissful & Domestic

These look so yummy and I love that the dough can be made in the bread maker. I am printing this one out and making ti this weekend:>

new follower:>

Amanda @ Serenity Now

Too cool! I would have never thought to use my waffle maker to put a pizza together! Looks delicious, and definitely kid-friendly. :) Thanks so much for joining my Family Friendly Food Week party. :)

Marie

I love anything that the kids will eat without me having to make a huge effort, AND I have a waffle maker! Definitely have to try this. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Suzie Ridler

Excellent! Absolutely excellent! I had so much fun making my seafood stuffed waffle thanks to you. I gave you credit on my blog as well. Thanks for the foodie inspiration!

Steph @ somewhatsimple

I love this idea! How fun! I just pinned it, thanks for linking up!

Unknown

Best pizza dough recipe! Used it for to-nites dinner and we loved it!

Anonymous

Beautiful pizza, I especially like the fresh veggies on it...what a delicious meal. Have a great week ahead :D Family Restaurant