Tonight we had Creamy Celery and Potato Soup.
It was very good and took FIVE MINUTES in the pressure cooker. How cool is that?
Here is the recipe:
(found in Recipes for the Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Joanna White)
2 tbs butter
2 1/2 cups diced celery
1 cup diced onion
3 medium potatoes, diced
4 cups water
2 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp dried thyme, optional
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Heat butter in the pressure cooker over high heat and saute' celery and onions until soft.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except heavy cream, and bring to a boil.
3. Seal cooker, bring up to a high pressure and cook for 5 minutes
4. Remove cooker from heat and release pressure. ( I just released pressure on mine and turned off the unit)
5. Add cream and just heat through over low heat, do not boil.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning
THE FEEDBACK: 9 out of 10! SOUPer Yummy!
KID-mo does not appreciate potatoes and even he ate some of the soup!
(It did take an hour for him to eat about 10 spoon fulls however!)