Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Disney Cars 2 Birthday: cake, Games & Gifts





Thanks for visiting MoMomma!
If you like what you see, please be kind and follow me via Google Connect, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Oh, and Comments are always appreciated!
*****************************************

For “KidMo’s” 5th Birthday we went ALL out with Cars 2 Decorations.
Cars 2 Collage
Follow along and I’ll share a little of what we did for this special day!
Decorations: Tablecloths, Lanyards, Banner (PartyCity), Framed photos from Disney California Adventure CarsLand (opening 2012)
Carwash: Streamers over a gift wrap roller pinned above hallway to the bathroom
Games: “Hot Ta’Mater” (hot potato), Bean Bag Toss, Spark Plug Drop (close pin Drop), Minute to Win it Cup game with Cars Cups (WalMart)
oil can tutorial 2
Snacks: Juicy Juice Cars boxes, “Cozy Cones” Bugles, Custom Cake by MoMomma, Cupcakes w/Cars Cupcake Toppers (Amazon.com), and Pizza (Dominos)
Goodie Bags: Cars Paper Bags, Pencils, Pencil Sharpeners (Dollar Store), Cars Cheez-Its, Cars Kleenex, Cars Candy (Target, WalMart)
Here is a photo of the Cake I made him:
DSCF3261  
And here is the cake we based it off of can be found HERE 
(I found it on Pinterest! I just LOVE me some Pinterest!)
Here is the Happy Birthday Boy standing by his Cake
Austin w Cake
“KidMo” is sporting these cute Pit Passes that I made for each party participant.
They were super easy to make in Photoshop.
Each one as personalized with the attendee’s name!
Pit Pass
Ok, Back to the CAKE!
This was my first attempt at a 2 layer cake AND my first attempt at using fondant.
I thought I’d walk you through the steps I used… Here goes!
First – I enlisted the help of “KidMo”.
Austin Layer Helper
Then, we got serious about the cake.
Well, I got serious about the cake (to the tune of 3am) LOL
Cake Layers v2
And then came the fondant…
Mater Layers 2
Ta’ Da!!  Cars Cake! Cars Party! Cars FUN!
We had a great time celebrating the life of our Miracle Preemie (1 lb 3 oz).
He has overcome SO much in his first 5 years of life. He will have more trials to come but in the meantime….. we celebrate.
And, we celebrate CARS style!



Featured At Serenity Now

Linking up here: Tip Junkie, Not Just A Housewife, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, The Girl Creative, Running with Glitter, SugarBee Crafts, Reasons to Skip HouseworkStrictly Homemade, Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy, Me and My Two Boys, Doodles and Doilies, Today's Creative Blog, Blue Cricket, Night Owl Crafting, Someday Crafts, 733 Blog,   Sew Woodsy, Sew Much Ado, Home Savvy A to Z, Creative Princess, Somewhat Simple, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Yesterday on Tuesday, Beyond Picket Fences,Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom, Frugalicious Me, Blissful and Domestic, Serenity Now, Born Again Crafter,

26 comments:

Unknown

Great ideas! I just love that Mator cake. I'm not the greatest cake decorator but I think I might be able to pull this one off. Thanks for sharing over at Funky Polkadot Giraffe.

Kristina Everhart

That is so cute! I followed you gfc.

Erica

Thanks for linking up this super cute Cars party at Delight Me (Doodles & Doilies)! I love it. The VIP passes are a great idea.

Becky

Very cute. Thanks for the visit & follow @ Life or Something Like It. Following back via GFC.

Free Things By Britney

Great cake and great photos! I’m stopping by from Helicopter Mom’s Alexa hop. I'm a new follower, too. I’m just getting started in the blog world.

Ashley

o how cute!!!!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com

This cake is ADORABLE! I found your site through today's tweet party and am a new follower. I would love for you to link your cake up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at

http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/blog-party-3/

Erin

What a fun party! Your cake is awesome!!!

Suzy Myers

I love this! Very cute cake and you did a fabulous job! I would be honored if you would link it up to my Commercial Break Thursday link party!

suzy
www.suzyssitcom.com

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear

How great! Love the party ideas.

I'd love for you to stop by and link this to our Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings link party. It's a blog party dedicated to all things kids and teens, so you post would be perfect! It runs through Saturday- hope to see you there! (Also, all parties linked up are added to an ongoing party directory, so others can easily find you even after the blog hop is over!!)

Melanie
http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/08/crafts-for-under-twenty-somethings_17.html

Terriea Kwong

So cute, so funny and sooo sweet birthday cake.

Blissful & Domestic

What a fun party! I love the cake you did an amazing job. Thanks for linking up and sharing!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com

Thank you so much for linking your awesome party up at Savvy HomeMade Monday!

Lyssa Beth

What a fun party! THank you for the tutorial on the cake! So glad you shared over at born-again crafter!
Lyssa

Unknown

My son saw this on the computer and said "that is Mater!!" Your cake is awesome. I bet that was the BEST birthday ever!! You are so good!

Thanks so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday. I hope you will be back this Tuesday. Have a great day!

Erica

You are being featured today over at Doodles & Doilies Delight Me party today!

Katie

Super cute! great job on the Cars Birthday party! Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. We hope you will join us again!

Craft-a-Boo

Okay that's just too much fun. I want a cars cake now...lol

thanks for coming to link up at this week's weekend wow me party. Hope to see you next weekend!

Anonymous

Wonderful cake..... great job on the cars birthday party!!!
Pakistan gifts

Big D and Me

Great job - Here's a printable CARS bingo game I made - your son might enjoy it - Jennifer

http://www.bigdandme.com/2011/08/cars-bingo-party/

KendasCrafts

Looks great! and you make it look so easy!

Kath

we did a cars birthday party for my son last march and did a mater cake but I love your take on cars 2. the cake looks fabulous. great job!

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Nicole

All very cute stuff!!
It is my son's 5th birthday I am planing this party for as well. I would love to know how did you make the Pit passes?

Amy @MoMomma

For Nicole (I couldn't find a way to reply to you!) I made the Pit Passes myself in Photoshop. I've also made them for a few other mom's out there and personalized them for their sons. Contact me via email if you'd like more details! :)

Mama Thompson

My son is turning 5 next month and is OBSESSED with Cars 2...you did a fabulous job...gonna be "stealing" some of your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown

Wonderful cake..... Gifts makes the joy of moment double and makes the event memorable .Great job on the cars birthday party!!!
gifts to Pakistan