Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dinner: Chicken Packets as seen on Kevin & Amanda


Tonight's dinner adventure was inspired by the blog Kevin & Amanda.
If you haven't visited their blog, please head over there right away!  
Amanda posts on everything from photography, travel, dogs and recipes.  
What else could a girl ask for?

Follow this button to their website...




Delicious Recipes to Spice Up Your Dinner Rotation



Tonight I was starting to get worried about dinner.  I had worked all day and by the time I got home, got the kids settled in and MoDaddy made it home it was nearly 7pm.  
And... I still had no idea what was for dinner.  Nice job Mom.

Luckily, BabyMo decided to be awesome and took this fantastic nap on the couch so I could make dinner.  He's such a good baby.
KidMo was entertained by an episode of Blues Clues. 
Ok... I had 5 minutes to decide what was for dinner.
I had remembered a recipe that I'd seen online.
I was off and running.
Here is a photo of the ingredients for tonight's dinner.
 

 Click HERE to view the original recipe this was based off of on Kevin & Amanda.

Step 1.  Create seasoned bread crumbs from 1/4 bag of croutons.
You could pour these in a ziploc bag and smash them. 
Or, pop em in a quick food processor for a couple spins. 
Instant bread crumbs.


 Step 2: Saute mushrooms.
I felt a little like Paula Deen here.... too much butter!

While the mushrooms are sauteing shred your mozzarella cheese
(I used about 3/4 of a block)

Step 3:  Get your ingredients together.
Combine your shredded cheese with about a 1/4 block of cream cheese.
You can use more, but our family likes to go light on the cream cheese.

For my chicken packets we had chopped ham (left), sliced mushrooms (center) and shredded chicken (right).
The chicken was leftover from the other night's meal.  If you'd like to make some "bulk" shredded chicken, just pop some chicken breasts in your crock pot on low for 8 hours. Combine with some chicken broth, or as I did, put 1 package taco seasoning and 1 can rotel tomatoes and chillies).

Combine your meat and veggies with your cream cheese mixture.
 Step 4. Roll out your crescent rolls.  (Use just 1 tube of crescent rolls)
Keep 2 crescent roll triangles together in a rectangle shape and press together where the seams are.
Place toppings on top.
 Step 5: Open your second tube of crescent rolls.
Place another rectangle on top, again pressing where the seams are.
 Step 6: Microwave your 2 tbs of butter.

Brush butter on top of sealed chicken packages and then lightly dust with seasoned bread crumbs.
 Step 7: Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 until toasty brown on top.
 Enjoy!
The FEEDBACK:  8 out of 10!  woohoo
Even KidMo really enjoyed this dinner.  I made his "custom" without mushrooms because I knew he wouldn't appreciate the musrhooms.

I think next time we'll make some that are "pizza" style with a little pizza sauce, pepperoni, ham and black olives.
Now, that sounds delicious!

Thanks to Kevin & Amanda for inspiring our yummy dinner!


Delicious Recipes to Spice Up Your Dinner Rotation

linking up to:




4 comments:

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees

Looks delicious! I'm your newest follower from http://sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com/ Hoping you'll follow me back! =)

Jamie

mmm... looks yummy! I found your blog via Boost my Blog Blog Hop. I am now your newest follower...

TJ @ MeasuringFlower.com

Hi! New follower stopping by from the blog hop. Have a great day! :-)
www.MeasuringFlower.com

Hanna

Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! GREAT blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com