Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Butter Spritz Cookies! EASY {From Texas Cottage}

Today I found the perfect Spritz cookie recipe on The Texas Cottage Blog!
If you haven't visited Sallie's website you REALLY need to!


Texas Cottage
I'm a reader of the Texas Cottage and when I saw her blog post about these
SUPER EASY THREE INGREDIENT COOKIES
I knew I'd make them today!

So may I present: The Cookies!
 
If you have one of these fun cookie press machines you seriously have to try this recipe
And, if you don't have a cookie press- it's not too late to ask Santa for one!
Or, you can just roll them into a ball and flatten with your hand.

Here's the recipe as posted on The Texas Cottage:
Butter Cookies
4 sticks (2 cups) butter, softened (not margarine)
1 box Betty Crocker Yellow Butter cake mix
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
decorating sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Let butter come to room temperature. Place all ingredients in a large bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low until well blended. If the mixer is not heavy-duty, finish mixing by hand.

Fill a cookie press with cookie dough and press out on an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart.

Sprinkle with decorating sugar, if desired.  Bake at 350 degrees F 8 to 10 minutes until very lightly browned on edges. Cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to paper towels or wire racks to finish cooling.

Let me know what you think! :)
Thanks Sallie at The Texas Cottage for sharing this yummy recipe!

1 comments:

The Domesticated Princess

Cookies that are pretty, tasty, and easy? That's what I love. I had one of these candy presses as a child, and it looks like I need one again. I hope you'll link this post up to our Holiday Cookie Recipe Swap at http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/11/cookie-recipe-exchange-week-3.html.